Thread: New to saber builds

Default New to saber builds

Hi all. I'm using a Sabercore board. Not getting any power to the LED or speaker. Volt shows the battery around 3.7 at the contact. Any help would be much appreciated. Lightsaber board.jpg

Hey bradley901

Thats a Saberforge board right? I haven't seen much support around these parts for those... you may want to check out their facebook page for help.

- Steve

It looks like the speaker wires are venturing over to one of the switch pads. Are you using flux?

Yeah, those boards are basically crap. Sadly, you’re going to have to go someplace that is more familiar with their stuff, like their FB group. Just be careful as to what you say, the owner is real quick to ban people for no reason.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I did not use flux. Yeah the board doesn't seem to work at all. Thanks for the info folks. I guess you get what you pay for...

Regardles of the board, you are going to want to shorten up those bare ends. As minimal as possible to make good contact. You most assuredly have or will have intermittent or terminal shorts with that setup.

It's hard to tell from the picture but the speaker wires do kinda look like there are some wild strands maybe touching other things. Unfortunately, as said above, those boards tend to have some spontaneous malfunctioning that tends to happen more frequently than anyone would want. I will say when I first started, I began with the nano biscotti from plecter labs that is sold in the shop here, and it is just a fantastic and sturdy board that is super easy to wire up. I would also try to continue practicing soldering a bit to reduce the amount of exposed wires and the overall size of the solder joint. If you need any help with any of that, feel free to let me know!