Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First saber build and already have the bug

Default First saber build and already have the bug

Id like to start by saying thank you to all in the community for the advise and tutorials, yall have been very helpful.
    That said i just finished assembling my first neopixel blade and its awesome. Meg your tutorial made it so much easier. I hooked up my hilt with my test rig and everything works great.
    Should have the rest of the parts next week. Its not fully buttoned up and i got bit by the bug. I already have my next build schetched out already.
    I hope to have some pics to post soon as its complete. On posting pics can anyone recommend a good hosting site?
    Thank you again everyone
    Dave

Hey Dave

Good to have you. You know there is the 2020 TCSS saber building contest going on; why don’t you enter your saber?

I know there are many image hosting site around but I use Imgur and have never had any issues.

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 07-16-2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed URL link

I have thought about it. I just might. The cur off is august first right

Hey Dave

Yup, FJK kicked it out to August 1st

- Steve

Thanx everyone. I wasnt able to make the deadline due to illness, but i have most of it complete just some fit and finish left. Ill post some pics whenb its polished up.
    Dave

We are waiting for the photo of your work!

I know! I have also been waiting for an update

I completely forgot to add photos here.
    I call it Grace.
    Its MHS V1 hilt parts.
    Internals are Arduino Nano Running FX saber os
    Tcss 18650 batt.
    Chassis is all custom 3d printed parts based on the TCSS chassis disks with custom cut brass tubing for spacers
    High power on off switch with custom micro usb charge port.
    Custom printed tactile switch holder and button caps.
    28mm Tcss speaker
    The blade is 138 led neopixel with TCSS neopixel adapter.

It was a blast and a headache at times, but I loved it and have already started planning out my next build

Great job on the saber! How do you feel about it? What went well and what would you change for the next build?

Thank you for the photo, great job - I really like the practical solution with an individual port for charging