Thread: Sound fluctuating

Default Sound fluctuating

Hello
    I have had a tcss hilt working great for a couple of months but the other day the sound went from loud to medium to almost nothing. 27mm Railmaster bass speaker. Battery is full, over 4v. Checked connections, they seem ok. The full sound comes back for a while but those times are getting less, it seems to be very quiet most of the time. Has anyone encountered a problem similar?
    Thanks

How's the cram-fu? Could be something pressing on the cone of the speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    How's the cram-fu? Could be something pressing on the cone of the speaker.
    The speaker is in it’s own in closure. I printed a piece to put the speaker in and run the wires out the back to the board. The printed piece fits into the pommel. I tried the saber today and no longer get any normal sound from it, only very low volumes.

What volume setting did you have the speaker set to? It's possible you blew it? Any pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    What volume setting did you have the speaker set to? It's possible you blew it? Any pictures of it?
    Hey, Light Bringer
    I have another saber with the same settings, even some fonts louder and it has been going longer than the problem child. Both have the same speakers, Railmaster bass, one hilt is two button and the TCSS hilt is one button. Both have the same speaker enclosure 3D printed. I am waiting on some new speakers but here in Canada erything is so slow. I have “hum” and “effects” set about two clicks from the top. This setting did not seem to bother the other saber. The sound is still clear but very quiet. I will have to figure out how to post a video. Thanks for reply’s.
    Last edited by Mech63; 07-10-2020 at 05:00 PM.

Sometimes a speaker just goes bad, for no real reason. Happened to me several times over the years. You can see if it's blown by pressing on the center of the chrome piece on the membrane (assuming it has that chrome piece) and if it sounds normal while you're pressing on it, it's blown.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Sometimes a speaker just goes bad, for no real reason.
    Entropy!