Thread: confirmation on batt and neopixels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default confirmation on batt and neopixels

Using an 18650 with arduino diy setup. Hilt works great no pixels. One strip ignites and sounds are great. After adding 2nd strip boots up but on ignition freezes or reboots. The batt is a panasonic li-ion mh12210 with 3a output. From what i read 3a will work for one but need a 10a min to use 2 strips. Did i read that correctly?
    Dave

Also can anyone recommend a 3500mah 18650 10a batt?
    Last edited by BanthaPooDoo; 07-09-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Why don’t you use the 15A battery the store sells???
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I am ordering that one. But im a max battery guy. Old habit from my racing days lol. Can the one TCSS has be used in series to have longer run time?

Quote Originally Posted by BanthaPooDoo View Post
    I am ordering that one. But im a max battery guy. Old habit from my racing days lol. Can the one TCSS has be used in series to have longer run time?
    Neopixel and “max battery“ don’t really go together. Can you wire them in series? Yes, but that opens up a whole other can of worms.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oops meant parallel. For mah boost

Unless you are using a matched pair of batteries or a battery pack it is not a good plan to wire lithium cells in parallel.