Thread: 24mm speaker problem

Default 24mm speaker problem

So i have a problem with my pico crumble saber powering down shortly after turning it on. It worked fine initially. I went through the usual trouble shooting... charged battery, tried another battery, checked all connections with a meter and rewired, checked my resistor calculations for the LEDs i'm using, even tried another pico crumble board. nothing fixed the problem. While rewiring i discovered that it works fine with no speaker attached. As soon as you connect the speaker it shuts down. I tried 3 of the same 24mm speakers on 2 different sound boards and every time I connect the speaker it powers down. Is this a known issue with this speaker or other speakers? I'm at a loss any help is appreciated.

Have you checked the specs on the speakers to make sure they are within the specs for the boards?
    Dave

Yes I have... I still think it's the batteries I used. I'm going to hook up to a regulated power supply and see if it works.

too small of a amperage cutoff on the batts causing the battery protection to "trip" and kill the circuit? The addition of the speaker driving is the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

What battery and LED setup are you trying to use?

There isn't much that can be wrong with the speaker other than possibly shorting, but I wouldn't expect 3 speakers to all have that issue (or even one).

Sharing photos of your wiring may also be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    too small of a amperage cutoff on the batts causing the battery protection to "trip" and kill the circuit? The addition of the speaker driving is the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak?
    Yea this is what it has to be. I hooked it up to a regulated power supply and it worked fine. I charged one of the batteries for about 12 hours and and now its working fine. Didn't realize my batteries amperage had gotten so low.