Thread: Capacitive Touch Switch

Default Capacitive Touch Switch

Hello all,

Does anyone know where to get capacitive touch switches? I have seen some pictures of sabers with them but cannot find them anywhere, or at least the right ones. I am looking for the ones that look like there are 2 tiny pins showing and not really the button type...

Thanks,
    Jon
    Last edited by poconosjon@aol.com; 05-20-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Jedi Atu'karek
    Remember: Han shot first.

Hey Jon

Have you gotta pic of what you are looking for? The only capacitive touch I’m familiar with (and yes, limitedly so) are like the TTP223 sensor you wire out too a touchpad. Is there an “all in one solution” out there?

*EDIT* TTP223 is standalone unit with the touchpad built in - was thinking of the Adafruit AT42QT1070 which can be wired to a touchpad.

Or are you thinking of something like Slothfurnaces clamp card (which still requires a sensor / detector to work)

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 05-20-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Steve,

I wish I could remember where the heck I saw it. It was on a polished saber and it had an oval about the size of a thumb with 2 small "electrodes" visible, about the size of a pin head that when touched would activate the saber... I have seen that there are 16mm LED touch momentary switches, but they look like the push button ones and for their price ~$30 I would just go with the push button ones... It may have been a DIY one, I do not know. I have seen some posts that mention them, but no pictures... I must keep searching.

Jon
    Jedi Atu'karek

Depending on the implementation, the "switch" could be as simple as anything that is conductive and isolated.

All,

I was guided to a person who makes these switches from a FB group... I ordered one because it looks like what I was searching for. If it is I will post a pic once I receive it.

Jon
    Jedi Atu'karek