I am not quite sure this post belongs here but it seems to be the most relevant category so here goes:

Earlier this week I began to build my first saber, it's a NeoPixel NBv4 build (ambitious, but I felt ready) and all was going well and dandy until yesterday when for some reason my board stopped cooperating with me. That brings me here. So, I had my battery (18650 3.7 V 15A high drain from the store) connected to the recharge port and then the port to the board itself. The positive and negatives are connected to the board and I just slide in the switch and speaker wires to the pad so there's contact so I can test everything out. The switch LED (12mm AV illuminated green LED momentary) lights up, indicating that the connections are fine and the switch is receiving power. However, the switch doesn't do anything. No boot-up, power off, power on, deep sleep mode--nothing. At first, I thought there may be a problem with the pads being bridged so I looked and the L1 and Battery - pad were bridged. Desoldered and fixed, no more bridging. Next, I tested the speaker to ensure that it works, the speaker produced sound, passed a multimeter test the whole deal. So I reinserted all the wires and absolutely nothing is happening. the switch will light up, but it doesn't switch anything on or off. there's no indicator that the board is making sound either. I connected the speaker wires to the port before disconnecting the power and then reconnecting it, but when power was supplied to the board, no sound or anything indicating the board was on. I used the multimeter and tested the pads, everything was receiving voltage, and it was. I know that the board is receiving power because the multimeter says so and the board also gets warm to the touch. I am at a complete loss as to what it is that is causing the problems and so I took my question over to Reddit to see if anyone could help but there seems to be no clear answer over there.

Under these links, you'll see what the board looks like. There is no riding or connection whatsoever between the speaker pads or any other pads or wires. I've now tried connecting the battery wires to either side of the board (both on the side w/o microSD slot and now one on each side), the board receives power but gives no indication whatsoever that it is on. before even entering the chassis pieces I also made sure to test things to make sure they worked. the switch LED turned on, the speaker gave out 3 beeps which I believe indicated that the board or a component wasn't receiving the proper voltage. I am using the correct resistors as per Rob Petkau's tutorial videos and my wiring diagram, which I will also attach, follows the NBv4 manual and a few other diagrams I saw while searching.

Here is how the board looks:

https://imgur.com/gallery/IGXTaAM

Here is the wiring diagram I am following. I didn't care to add the resistor for this, just to show the basic connections.

https://imgur.com/gallery/81gpxHz#