Thread: CFX (RGB) In Hilt - Wiring Check & Parts Questions

Question CFX (RGB) In Hilt - Wiring Check & Parts Questions

Hello all, this is my second ever build and I have some questions as I ("think") I found conflicting info between the CFX Manual and the Wiring Diagram on the CFX placemat. It has me confused.

Parts:
    Battery: Panasonic 18650 Li-on 3.7v 3400mAh
    LED: Tri-Cree XP-E2 Custom (RGB)
    12mm blue ring AV switch
    Saber Forge Charge Port
    22mm Low Profile speaker
    Black Momentary Switch (TCSS)

Questions:
    1) The CFX Manual shows resistors on the RGB- wires, but the wiring placemat shows a resistor on the positive wires going to the Battery positive. I'm assuming the RGB- wires are the ones that need the resistors but need confirmation.
    2) Relating to the question above, will a Dynaohm Resistor be suitable or should I use more specific resistors as per the resistor calculator on the TCSS site?
    3) On the Activation Switch, the CFX Placemat wiring diagram shows the red wire running to the pads at the bottom of the board splitting to two different pads. One of them is a dotted line... what is this?
    4) I plan on using a simple black momentary switch as a Aux switch for lock ups and blaster sounds. Will that work?
    5) Does the rest of my wiring look OK?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my diagram:

CFX Wiring Diagram 050720.jpg

Diagram from CFX Placemat:

CFX Diagram.jpg

Welcome to the Forums.

To answer your questions.

1. On the negatives is fine.
    2. No, Dynaohms aren’t suitable for this particular application.
    3. it gives you a choice as to how you want the LED in the switch to behave, which determines the pad you use.
    4. Yes.
    5. As long as you get the recharge port right, and put the resistors in the right place (discussed above), I don’t see anything wrong.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Excellent. Thank you for the information. I will revise my diagram and repost for confirmation. I really don't want to blow up my CFX lol

Revised diagram. Would appreciate if someone could triple-confirm my resistors and wiring.

CFX Wiring Diagram 050820.jpg

Resistors are ok. The rest looks OK too. Just make sure you get th ewiring formyour recharge port right. If you’re using the one from the store, use the diagram in the manual.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com