Thread: Saber Belt

Post Saber Belt

Started a Quarantine project. 060D0538-162C-4333-872D-3BC68B6732B2.jpg
    I destroyed the cheapo Jedi Belt that my wife got me a few years back and figured I could create my own. Nowhere screen or canon accurate, this is more EU, a Jedi stationed Outer Rim territory. Inspired by a western style ranger belt, like you'd see worn by a cowboy. Wanted something sturdy with a quickdraw feel for my covertec; though just as easily swapped for a D-ring and clip.
    The whole thing is made out of pieces of 8oz veg tan leather, with the inner belt measuring 2.5" wide , and about 38" long. Outer belt pieces are 1.5" wide and lengths ranging based on purpose. Buckle is just a blank that I plan on embellishing. It'll be getting a concho, some Chicago screws, and eyelets for looks/holding it all together.
    Still needs the basics like dye, bevels, and burnishing, but I want to get the layout right before I do anything too permanent.
    Eventually I'll add some pouches to carry basic supplies like spare battery or snacks, maybe a flask carrier.
    I'll try to post updates as I go. If people like these projects I may keep making some variations to show off different gun belt styles for sabers, (I'm also working on some Mandalorian inspired holster sets for other projects)

MTFBWY,
    Flying Fox

Nice looking belt; I love me some leather! (Wait... that came out wrong... Ha ha ha, nevermind)

Are you going to leave it natural or do you plan to darken it / stain it up?

- Steve

Im planning on dyeing it a darker brown. Still debating doing some tooling on it then hit with an antique gel, give it that weathered look. The outer rim isn’t a gentle place.

Here’s an update. Ecoflo Timber brown with a Tan antique treatment to help the minimal tooling pop and give a bit of a weathered look. Still need to figure out hardware and stitch it for a strong hold. Pouches are in progress but focusing on main belt right now. I’ll get some better pictures when finished.
    Last edited by Flying Fox; 05-08-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Do you have the final result ready yet? I really want to see it!

I have finished the Belt but I don't currently have a saber to hang from it, so I was holding off on posting. I'll get something up soon for belt alone.
    MTFBWY.
    Weapons are part of my religion.

So here it is. Debating naming the style a “Filoni”, nerdy with a cowboy hat on. 2.5” ranger style belt with 1.5” inner belt for accessories. Currently has a covertec clip or metal D-ring clip, survival tin pouch (extra batteries and tools to tighten screws etc...) and a flask carrier cuz why not. Everything was dyed with Eco-Flo tan gel antique.
    Belt buckle was done with metal blue, though I may make a new buckle now that I’ve got a Cricut and an etching setup.
    Let me know what everyone thinks and I’ll try and show off any future projects.
    A9B2602D-B331-4C86-8EFE-6A370DAA9CA9.jpg
    CB35B741-04B3-44D4-8E84-E908767642AA.jpg
    FFDF0EB2-02E2-4636-90D1-6C20EBF6E510.jpg
    C878E5A7-703A-4834-8E7F-9A58112DBBFC.jpg
    MTFBWY.
    Weapons are part of my religion.

Board Lurker

That's a stunning looking belt Flying Fox .