Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cfx w/ in hilt Cree not lighting up

yes battery is fully charged. when I change the ledsteip=to 1. as soon as I turn main switch on. power is applied to the board and leds lights up.
    with ledstrip=1. it works dependant on the main on/off Switch. activation switch does not control the cree

I got the correct resistors per TCCS calculator.

I have the positive wire of leds wired directly to the positive of the board/battery

I also checked L1 L2 L3 pad on board and I'm getting power @ the pads
    Last edited by tw0leftskis; 04-29-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tw0leftskis View Post
    yes battery is fully charged. when I change the ledsteip=to 1. as soon as I turn main switch on. power is applied to the board and leds lights up.
    with ledstrip=1. it works dependant on the main on/off Switch. activation switch does not control the cree

I got the correct resistors per TCCS calculator.

I have the positive wire of leds wired directly to the positive of the board/battery

I also checked L1 L2 L3 pad on board and I'm getting power @ the pads
    That wasn’t the value I asked about.

Set the following values to what I have listed below, and it should work.

strippower=0000
    ledstrip=0
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

*EDIT* Go with what FJK is telling you, he knows his stuff and I’m just throwing ideas out to see if any may help. All good in my books

when I change the ledsteip=to 1. as soon as I turn main switch on. power is applied to the board and leds lights up.
    Ok. Just to clarify, you did get the main LED to light up but it is controlled by the kill-switch to the activation switch? It sounds like you may have switch wiring issue more than an LED wiring issue. Do you have a wiring diagram you could share with us?

ledstrip = “0” usually means the board is in high power LED mode. Changing to “1” is essentially telling the board you are using a ledstrip with one pixel in it AFAIK. Meh, if it works it works right?

That is wired correctly as per the manual.

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 04-29-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    ledstrip = “0” usually means the board is in high power LED mode. Changing to “1” is essentially telling the board you are using a ledstrip with one pixel in it AFAIK. Meh, if it works it works right?
    No, that’s NOT quite how this works.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

OK let me set up the parameter as u suggested

What's does the strippower 0000 parameter tell the circuit board?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tw0leftskis; 04-29-2020 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Thank you so much it's working.

Strippower basically tells the board if you’re using Neopixels or LEDs. 0000=LEDs, 1111=Neopixel
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images