Thread: Hot resister problem

Default Hot resister problem

Electronics help required.
    Just working on my first saber. MHS parts as a base and some custom parts I made. Electronics, NB4, 3.7V battery, Tri Cree Red, Red, white, 26 AWG Wire. Got all the circuit together and seemed to work great. Only problem is the 2 resisters together are getting very hot. Too hot to touch after 10 seconds and I don’t know why? Resisters are (should be) 1.5 ohm 3 watt. Wiring is a bit of a mess as I didn’t buy enough, so had to use odd colours..Followed the circuit diagram in photo.
    Also final question, is it ok to splice in a bit of 22AWG wire as I don’t have any 26 left and don’t want to buy more. Any help much appreciated.
    Last edited by Greenkenzie; 04-22-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Yes. you could splice the two different sizes together. Resistors get hot and dissipate heat, that’s what they’re suppose to do.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot, I didn’t realise that resistors got that hot.