Thread: Is there a way to restore/polish clear polycarbonate tubing?

Default Is there a way to restore/polish clear polycarbonate tubing?

Hello,

In the process of building my pixel blade using the "glue" for the tubing it ran down the tube a little and blemished it... Is there a way to polish/buff it back to clear?

Thanks,
    Jon

Progressively lighter sandpaper. Start with 400 and work your way up to 2000 and a buffing wheel. What glue got on your tubing? If you use a drop of E6000 for the tips and hilt butt cap, no mess, and if you get any, it rubs off. You can also remove it to repair if needed.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Progressively lighter sandpaper. Start with 400 and work your way up to 2000 and a buffing wheel. What glue got on your tubing? If you use a drop of E6000 for the tips and hilt butt cap, no mess, and if you get any, it rubs off. You can also remove it to repair if needed.

Tom
    It is the watery stuff that basically melts the plastics together... Just used at the tip... I will try your suggestion, thanks!
    Jon

After sanding you can try the NOVUS polishes for plastics including polycarbonate.

TCSS store no longer carries them but you can still get them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Pl.../dp/B002UCYRZU

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    After sanding you can try the NOVUS polishes for plastics including polycarbonate.

TCSS store no longer carries them but you can still get them on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/NOVUS-7100-Pl.../dp/B002UCYRZU
    I saw these, have them in a wishlist... will have to try these, thanks!