Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quick question/verification of my understanding of Saberstaffs and sound boards

Ahhh, Gotcha. Much clearer than the CFX manual! Thank FJK

- Steve

It’s not just a question of being in the manual or not, it’s also the experience of actually doing CFX / Neopixel builds, and knowing what it takes to do one successfully, and what the limits are.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    It’s also the experience of actually doing CFX / Neopixel builds, and knowing what it takes to do one successfully, and what the limits are.
    As is the way with everything new. I have zero hands-on experience with either; I’ll probably butt out from here on in with regards to that topic. I hope to have the opportunity to pick up a few tips and tricks from the grizzled veterans and then enter the CFX/NeoPixel world myself.

The forum is lucky to have guys like you & the others with the hands on experience.

- Steve

You can power the blades independently, common ground, and use the same data signal. You blades will be identical in this case, but there is no reason you can't do it. You would need to power the blades directly from the battery, or at least one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    Sorry Jon! I don’t mean to hijack your thread!
    Steve,

Not a problem this is how we all learn. Plus you have given me enough help, you have earned the threadjack

Jon