Thread: Battery Chager Issue

Default Battery Chager Issue

Hey Everybody,

Just got a new charger from TCSS, it's the 3.7V-14.8V 1Amp Li-Ion Smart charger, by the way I'm using the TCSS Tamiya to JST adapter for this charger. The problem is, I plug in a battery and I get a Red power light saying it's on but, I'm not getting the indicator light that its either charging or full. I connected three different batteries in different states of discharge and one that was full according to the multi-meter and there's no change none of the indicator lights come on, just the power light. I let each one of the batteries on the charger for approx 10 minutes and there's no change in the indicator lights. I also checked the voltage at the JST connector and and at the Tamiya connector and I'm getting a reading that is jumping between 17.6 - 18.0 volts, I'm assuming this is the charger looking for a battery to find the adjust the right voltage setting for the battery being charged. I also did this to make sure I didn't have a faulty JST. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Thanks Reian

If it’s the charger I am thinking of, the light stays red until the battery is fully charged, then the light turns green.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com