Thread: Illumicore question .

Default Illumicore question .

Whats the easiest way to wire up the Illumicore to the CFX?

Do i need a resistor for it?

For the Red, most likely. Blue and Green should be ok. How (or more importantly where) to wire it depends on what else you have going on in your hilt.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If you are talking about the pixel crystal, simply connect the power and data lines

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you are talking about the pixel crystal, simply connect the power and data lines

Without a resistor in the data line??

Doesnt the blade require a resistor in the dataline?

Blog Entries

Add a 330 ohm resistor for data.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Resistors are never "required" they are useful in some instances. I use bare pixels all the time without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Add a 330 ohm resistor for data.
    If using the Illumicore with the KR Pixelstick blade, which is preresistored, would you still need a resistor on the data line before the crystal? Or would it be ok since there would be one in the chain because of the pixelstick already having one? Greatly appreciate any insight, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsmeade View Post
    If using the Illumicore with the KR Pixelstick blade, which is preresistored, would you still need a resistor on the data line before the crystal? Or would it be ok since there would be one in the chain because of the pixelstick already having one? Greatly appreciate any insight, thanks.
    That's really not how it works, the resistor, when needed, needs to be as close as possible to the first pixel in the chain. It is for signal integrity. You don't necessarily need it, but it is easier to just put it in and not worry about it then be done and have your pixels misbehave.