Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Neopixel CFX color issues

Hi

Do you know if your LED strips are RGB order (like the store here sells) or could the be GRB order? That could be an issue as Plectar Labs default package is set to RGB. You would need to change the 4th value in the Ls1_timing line to “1” instead of “0”.

- Steve

The strips are in GRB order, older ws2811 style and 5mm type LEDs are RGB. I'm not sure how Plecter handles it, but that is the way it is.

And maybe a stupid question; but have you charged your battery lately. CFX seems to do funny things on a low battery...

- Steve

I changed the value and the problem remains. Also, I re-charged the battery again and it's fine. I wonder if I should pull the LED strips apart and test them individually? One thing that is strange that i should note, last night while testing the config change my clamp disconnected and the LED strip came off while the light saber was on. The strange part is when i tried to connect the blade again (while the lightsaber was still on) there was a bunch of smoke that started to come of the board. Why the heck did that happen? I immediately pulled the battery and took out the micro sd. After waiting a few minutes i tested again everything booted up fine (still having the blade issue though).
    Last edited by bwarfson; 04-06-2020 at 09:13 AM.

You never connect/disconnect stuff while the saber is ON. You probably blew a couple of the mosfets on the CFX would be my first guess.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by bwarfson View Post
    there was a bunch of smoke that started to come of the board.
    Smoke = bad. Might want to reach out to ‘Erv from Plectar Labs.

If you are able to test the strips then by all means. You shouldn’t necessarily have to pull them apart as you risk damaging them. Are you going to test each individual die or just the two separate strips? One last stupid question: are strips installed in the proper direction? (all the little arrows pointing to the tip). It does sound like a board issue not a strip issue though.

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 04-06-2020 at 09:40 AM.