Hello -

In the spirit of distance education and keeping my students busy while we're homebound, I'm attempting to put together a video on assembling a bare-bones, low-cost saber.
I'd like to start building one without sound, then upgrade to a soundboard later, if they can afford it. I can stream this and they can try building it at home.

I've built four sabers using MHS parts, Tri-Cree or Luxeon LED's, and Nano Biscotti or Petit Crouton sound boards, but these parts are out of reach financially for most of my students.

I have a few tentative ideas, and I've scoured Home Despot and other hardware stores for inspiration, but I'm running out of time for a developed plan.

At a minimum, I see using a buckpuck, a single LED, and AAA's. The hilt parts could be a combination of sink tube and PVC, I guess, but I'm not sure what size, length, etc. My students are as enthusiastic about this as they are lacking in skills, so it has to be bone simple.

This may not work, but they really, really want to give it a shot.

Has anyone tried this, or have specific recommendations for easily attainable hilt and blade parts?

Thanks (especially from my students' parents)!