Thread: Question on source for aluminum tubing for hilt and emitter

Default Question on source for aluminum tubing for hilt and emitter

Hello I am fairly new and still building my first saber. I was wondering for a true DYI if and where others have gotten aluminum tube, not sink tubing from. What sizes did you order?

Thanks
    Jon

You'll probably want to order from a place that promises telescopic fit.

Standard MHS v1 is just under 1"1/2 or 38mm, which is probably your best bet for a saber OD. As JB said, telescoping tube is a good option. Next size up for shrouds. Next size down, good for building your own chassis. A Google search for ally tubing will no doubt yield results for stockist in your area or at least in you country.
    Good luck with the build and MTFBWY.

Greenie

Try Google. I have purchased from a few different places. Aluminum, brass, etc. Watch prices and shipping. However, you can do some really nice stuff with parts from TCSS. Ass some shrouds, etc and they customize really nice, too. To do your own,m you're going to need a lathe and a mill would be nice (I wish I had one from time to time.)

Quote Originally Posted by dannv View Post
    Try Google. I have purchased from a few different places. Aluminum, brass, etc. Watch prices and shipping. However, you can do some really nice stuff with parts from TCSS. Ass some shrouds, etc and they customize really nice, too. To do your own,m you're going to need a lathe and a mill would be nice (I wish I had one from time to time.)
    Do you know what places and what sizes you ordered?

Just an FYI, it's bad forum etiquette to post other places to get saber parts on the the forum here, as this is part of a store that sells saber parts.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Just an FYI, it's bad forum etiquette to post other places to get saber parts on the the forum here, as this is part of a store that sells saber parts.
    Thanks for the warning, I truly apologize. I have ordered everything else from TCSS and will continue to do so. Is there another place I can post that would not break any etiquette? I never intended any breach of forum etiquette.

Jon

FX-Sabers.com on the forums there. Lot's of info about where to get parts for what you want to do.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    FX-Sabers.com on the forums there. Lot's of info about where to get parts for what you want to do.
    Thank you Jay I will head over there and check it out. I appreciate the info!