Thread: Neopixel Help

Default Neopixel Help

I have been working on my first neopixel build on a custom saber with a CFX. The neopixel blade I built is not igniting. Without the blade in, the saber boots up and functions properly, all fonts and sounds work, including blade ignition. I insert the blade and pull the kill key, the saber boots up properly, but when I press activation switch, the neopixels do not illuminate. However, all sound and fonts work, it makes an igniting sound but does not illuminate. I am unsure of what the issue is, and I'm confident everything is wired correctly, but I could be wrong. I am hoping it is simply a configuration issue, that can be fixed easily.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Send me a E-mail to sales@thecustomsabershop.com so we can discuss this and make sure you have the correct file set.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

You have to make sure that the LEDSTRIP= number is approximately how many pixels you have in your blade, not “0”.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If the blade lights up partially when you hit the aux button after powering the saber (don't hit the activation yet), then it is the bladepower setting in the config file. It defaults to 0. Set it to 100 and the blade should light up.

Bob

I have a side question to this. I’m currently building my first neopixel setup with the NBv4. In the Manual it states to put the exact number of leds you have in your blade in that config file. In my blade I’ll have two 144 neo pixel strips stuck to each other back to back which is obviously 288 leds but since that data line from the board running to those strips is split would I put that I have 144 leds or 288? I’m pretty sure I just put 144 right?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

144 is correct
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop