Thread: NB4 Assembly wiring

Default NB4 Assembly wiring

Good day all. Just got my NB4 assembly for neopixel and wanted to make sure I wire this thing properly. Would very much appreciate if someone could give me an "elementary breakdown" of the wiring; simply, what color wire is what? Data wire is obvious, but just wanted to make sure I get the other ones correct. Thanks greatly for any help, and MTFBWY!!!

Hi criggs

Elementary breakdown is on the product page in the store; (copied from https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/M...bly-P1445.aspx)

From top to bottom:
    Positive/white (+), Negative/yellow (-), Activator switch/yellow, Channel 1/blue (-), Channel 2/green (-), Channel 3/red (-), NeoPixel Data/orange

This is just based on the images from the store as I don't have a NBV4 in front of me. If they've changed wire colours then the above could be off. There should be labelling on the physical board regardless for you to double check.

- Steve

Hey Steve, thanks for responding! I would like to ask if you could oblige me to go even a bit more elemental, say, "kindergarten"! The channel 2 & 3 wires are connected together on one JST connector and I'm assuming that is for the speaker(?). The Negative/yellow(-) and Activator switch/ yellow are both wired to one JST; would I wire + and - from a single switch to that JST? And finally, the Positive/white(+) and Channel 1/blue (-) are wired to one JST; what do those two wires connect to? Thanks greatly again for your help!!!

Hey criggs

Check out this thread from a while back. It goes over some of the question you have, read through the whole thing as there are tips spread throughout.

Sorry; I don't want to seem like I'm blowing you off! My heads just not "in it" tonight. Hope this helps a bit.

- Steve

Hey criggs

I re-read your question and I think we are talking about two different things. If you have a "NB v4 Assembly" the speaker should already be wired in? If for some reason you didn't get the speaker option there should be two separate solder pads on the opposite side of the board labelled "speaker". Do you have a board from the store that is already installed in a "chassis" or just a loose NB v4?

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 03-03-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Hey Steve

I just re-read it myself, and I did get that all wrong. Yes, I have the NB 4 Assembly and yes, it already has the speaker. I also looked at that previous thread you referred me to, and it has a good pic on it that really helped!! So as it stands, I'm seeing white and blue as + and - for neopixel, both yellows for activator switch, orange for data, green for - on neopixel (as shown on the pic in the thread); which leaves green. Any suggestions for green?

- Corey
    Last edited by criggs; 03-04-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Hi criggs

L2 pad serves the same function as on a regular NBv4; i.e. it can be used for colour mixing if you were using a Tri-Cree or some other multi-die LED. Seeing as you are using NeoPixel you could use it as a crystal chamber LED or accent LED. Or just blank it off with some heat shrink/tape and call it a day, it doesn’t necessarily need to be used... (this info comes from a reddit conversation, so maybe email Tim in the store and ask for clarification on the wiring to be 100% sure)

- Steve

Brother, I can't thank you enough for your help!!!!

No sweat my friend. Post some pics when you get it all finished up. I look forward to seeing it!

MTFBWY
    - Steve

Hi - I am using the NB v4 Assembly and had the same questions, and this thread has been a huge help. I have one question about the final wiring. Specifically, you said that you were using green as the (second) - on the neopixel, which "leaves green". In the follow up, it talks about what the L2 pad would be used for. In my harness, I have green running to L2 ( - neopixel ), which actually leaves a red wire running to L3. Is that L3 pad / red wire the optional one?

Thanks!