Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Neopixels no longer work...

It is a bit unclear which batteries work best with neopixel without doing some research. It would be cool if the correct ones were cross listed in the store under the neopixel section, like the resistors and the screws are.

Quote Originally Posted by poconosjon@aol.com View Post
    Bob,
    I checked the config.txt file and nowhere in the file did it have the blade power parameter. Is it in that file or a different one?

Thanks again,
    Jon
    Yes, it is in the config.txt file. For me, it was just above the ledstrip parameter. One of the symptoms was, if I turned on the saber but before hitting the ignition switch, I hit the aux switch, the blade would light up in Power Level Indicator mode. So I new the neopixels worked, but the ignition switch would not turn the blade on. My version is "CrystalFocusX-v10.004D".

Hope this helps,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobunobu View Post
    Yes, it is in the config.txt file. For me, it was just above the ledstrip parameter. One of the symptoms was, if I turned on the saber but before hitting the ignition switch, I hit the aux switch, the blade would light up in Power Level Indicator mode. So I new the neopixels worked, but the ignition switch would not turn the blade on. My version is "CrystalFocusX-v10.004D".

Hope this helps,

Bob
    Bob,
    Thanks for the response, I will add the line and test. I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jon

You have to know what version of firmware you have on your card before you just go randomly adding parameters.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Bob,
    Thanks for the response, I will add the line and test. I will let you know.

Thanks,
    Jon
    Bob,

Just another quick look showed that line did exist on an older backup of my config.txt file. I have added it and hope to test this weekend, even with my underpowered battery to see if I get anything...

Thanks again,
    Jon
    Last edited by poconosjon@aol.com; 03-22-2020 at 06:44 AM.

Bob,

Just another quick look showed that line did exist on an older backup of my config.txt file. I have added it and hope to test this weekend, even with my underpowered battery to see if I get anything...

Thanks again,
    Jon
    Bob,

Just a quick update.. I hooked it up to the current battery, with the line back in the file and still no lights. I even let the battery charge for a few hours. New bigger 26650 battery will be here Monday and after letting it charge I will test and let you know.

Jon

Hey Jon

Did you get a chance to hook that new battery up? Curious to see how it worked for you.

- Steve

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    Hey Jon

Did you get a chance to hook that new battery up? Curious to see how it worked for you.

- Steve
    Battery being delivered today... I cannot wait

Battery being delivered today... I cannot wait
    Ok, so battery delivered... Hooked up to cfx and tested, still no lights... I am beginning to wonder if I fried the strips... I get voltage going to the Pixel strips, tested at 3.56V. My charger wont be here until Monday, where I will charge the battery and test 1 more time when I am sure the output current will be sufficient to run everything. The battery I am using is an Obtronic 26650 battery with the below specs...

Cell Capacity: 5500mAhCell Type: 26650Dimensions: 26.5 mm x 70 mm (+/- 0.9mm)Full charge: 4.2VRecommended charging current: 1A - 3.5A CC/CV (Battery can be charged with current lower than 1A, but charging time will take much longer)Nominal voltage: 3.7VCut-off: 2.5VMax. Constant Current Discharge 15A*

Jon

Did you check to make sure the battery is fully charged first?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com