Thread: Proffieboard crashes when compiling

Default Proffieboard crashes when compiling

Hello everyone,

I just got a saber back after having it installed. This is my first proffie and I wanted to update some of the profiles since I didn't like some of the effect. I've read the material on fredrik's website and watch a few video in addition so I feel like I should know what I'm doing (but apparently not?). Anyways, I added a test profile to the existing config file to see if I could just add a style. I'm using one of the one's on fredrik's style library. When I use Arduino to verify the config, everything works fine, so then I tried to upload to the board, and it works for a while, but right when it looks like it's about to finish, it crashes.

I'm attaching a .txt with the error since I don't want to paste the whole thing here, but the only error from what I can tell seems to be: The current directory is invalid. An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I'm at a bit of a loss here since I seem to be following all instructions correctly, but I don't want to brick the board or anything stupid like that. Any thoughts? Let me know if I can provide more information.

Error.txt

Update:

I figured out what the issue was, so for anyone who might stumble in here someday with a similar issue here's what worked for me.

While the test compile worked, the crash would happen while uploading the arduino sketch to the proffieboard. I did a little googling and found an obscure post from a couple of years ago, where someone mentioned a solution. There seems to be a problem if you load, and edit, the ProffieOS .ino directly. Instead of opening that file with Arduino, open Arduino and then navigate file>open(or load)>your .ino file. Once the file is loaded, you can make your changes such as specifying a new config.h file or whatever else you need to do, save, then upload. It should hopefully work this time.