Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SA22C's second MHS build

Throwing my vote in for additional weathering. I think weathering all three chokes a bit would break up the shine and provide definition to the sections of your saber. You could mock it up using your picture there and photoshop or an equivalent program. Do a color swap for those pieces. Looks great!

BRAVO SIR!
    love this saber. Its truly why I think MHS is the best platform for a DIY saber.
    I totally agree with your reason for bunny ears. Assymetrical is a big part of star wars props. You nailed it man.
    Moving the control box was a great idea too. Mine is pretty much centered on my build also. Speaking of, where did you get that awesome control box and plate?? Scratch build? LOVE IT!!!

Cant wait to see more of this, and I agree some light weathering in the right places (as well as a D ring) would be the cherry on top of this saber.
    Gorgeous!

(I also know what an sa22c is... I used to drift)
    Last edited by Jedi Mynock; 04-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Mynock View Post
    BRAVO SIR!
    love this saber. Its truly why I think MHS is the best platform for a DIY saber.
    I totally agree with your reason for bunny ears. Assymetrical is a big part of star wars props. You nailed it man.
    Moving the control box was a great idea too. Mine is pretty much centered on my build also. Speaking of, where did you get that awesome control box and plate?? Scratch build? LOVE IT!!!

Cant wait to see more of this, and I agree some light weathering in the right places (as well as a D ring) would be the cherry on top of this saber.
    Gorgeous!

(I also know what an sa22c is... I used to drift)
    Glad you like it. The control box is a low-profile OneReplicas unit, picked it up from their Etsy Store.

As for the drifting, I used to spend my summers doing WMCA Solo II competitions. I've owned six RX-7s over the years.

I thought you re-worked your Graflex? You have 2 sabers going?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I do, though my happy days of saber building are at and end for a while. Taking some online training while I'm stuck at home, so my free time just evaporated. Between keeping up the house, doing my job from home and the new coursework, I am maxed out.