Thread: LS6 Blade/heatsink

Question LS6 Blade/heatsink

For people who have installed a ls6 lightaber, what size blade does it hold.
    Also, which heatsink do you recommend for it? I am trying to follow the korbanth/parks ls6 eco chasis design by goth 3Designs.
    -lightsaber building noob
    Thanks

The LS6 holds a 1 inch blade. If you want to go the heatsink route, the alternate bladeholder sold here is a great option and will allow you to use a Tri-Cree and a thin-walled 1 inch blade.

I ended up going neopixel for my LS6 and use a 3D-printed holder for the PCB. Blade depth is about 3/4 of an inch, which works ok but is really wobbly and wouldn't hold up to much abuse.

yeah, I was eyeing the LS6 myself for a custom build. and yeah, it wouldn't bee a good stunt saber per say since it's a thin neck saber, it would bend too easy and there isn't much of the blade that get's secure into the hilt.

I think that 'eco chassis' is for the NEW LS6, not the gullwing. You should double check, as the new one has a much bigger ID than the gullwing so the chassis' aren't interchangeable.

Sorry. I should have clarified. I am using the TCSS(The custom saber shop) LS6.
    Last edited by PortalBagel1; 02-20-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SA22C View Post
    The LS6 holds a 1 inch blade. If you want to go the heatsink route, the alternate bladeholder sold here is a great option and will allow you to use a Tri-Cree and a thin-walled 1 inch blade.

I ended up going neopixel for my LS6 and use a 3D-printed holder for the PCB. Blade depth is about 3/4 of an inch, which works ok but is really wobbly and wouldn't hold up to much abuse.
    Do you know of any good installation videos for the ls6 heatsink sold in TCSS?

Quote Originally Posted by PortalBagel1 View Post
    Do you know of any good installation videos for the ls6 heatsink sold in TCSS?
    No, but it's an easy install. Wire up your LED star, route the wires through the center hole on the copper heatsink. Affix the star to the heatsink with a thermal adhesive pad, then screw the aluminum sleeve onto the heatsink, capturing the led star and the focusing lens. Now that you've got the assembled star/lens/heatsink, you can use it to capture the blade holder to the thin-neck piece you're using (the grooved V2 or smooth 'hero')

I used the TCSS heat sink adapter and a tri Cree and actually have a very firm fit. I wouldn’t do any serious dueling, but it holds up well. The other method that I considered and think would hold very firm would be a 1” to 7/8” adapter and neo pixel setup. Make the neo adapter as flat to the bottom (sand off some of the pcb adapters bottom portion) and have a dedicated blade with the 1 to 7/8 permanently attached. You will get a more solid fit in place with metal on metal. Just make sure the metal adapter is isolated from the neo adapters.