Thread: Crystal Focus 10 RGB LED Gut Check

Default Crystal Focus 10 RGB LED Gut Check

Hello,

I've got a Crystal Focus 10 sound board and want to be able to use the color switching awesomeness.

I was hoping I could have someone verify that I am getting the right stuff.

LED

battery

heatsink

Red: 1.2 Watt capable or greater 1.2 ohm resistor

Green: 2W or greater 1 ohm resistor

Blue: 2W or greater 1 ohm resistor

This is going in the DV6 hilt kit.

I used the this calculator to figure out what resistors to get.

Thanks

Yo don’t need the 15A discharge for those. The standard 4A discharge battery will be fine for an in hilt LED. You can also use the RGrB for the LED. You also need a speaker.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Good to know about the battery, thanks. I forgot to list it but I picked a premium speaker and the base speaker, still trying to figure out which one I like better.

Forgive my ignorance but is RGrB for red, green, royal blue? Is there any advantage to it in your experience?
    Last edited by bwarfson; 02-16-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes, that’s what it means. It allows you to make all of the visible colors. So yeah, I (and everyone else) consider that an advantage, especially if you want to change colors.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Awesome! Thank you so much.

Are you doing a hard wired battery? If so, you need a recharge port. Assume you got the momentary switches with the kit? Obviously need a chassis to hold everything...there are lots of options there. You need a lens for the led star, and tape or heat resistant glue to attach the led to the heat sink.