Thread: 3/4" trans white blade and colored cellophane

Default 3/4" trans white blade and colored cellophane

Hello everyone,

Going to get back into saber building and do a couple padawan sabers for my niece and nephew. I made a couple for my son years ago and used the 3/4" clear blade with cellophane. Unfortunately that is out of stock and I don't know when it may get restocked so thought about using the trans white blade. I know it will be dulled, but would it still be a viable option to use with colored cellophane and still look decent?

Thanks in advance

Not sure what leds you used back then, but I have both clear with blade film and trans white with film and vastly prefer the trans white, and they are not a whole lot less bright. Maybe give it less wraps, but I don’t like that I can catch the seam at times with the clear blade. Also, pixel blades are amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by duncan29793 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Going to get back into saber building and do a couple padawan sabers for my niece and nephew. I made a couple for my son years ago and used the 3/4" clear blade with cellophane. Unfortunately that is out of stock and I don't know when it may get restocked so thought about using the trans white blade. I know it will be dulled, but would it still be a viable option to use with colored cellophane and still look decent?

Thanks in advance
    I don’t think you’ll see a lot of 3/4” blade stock going forward. Most is either 1” or 7/8” these days.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

thanks for the replies.

They are back in stock at the moment. Though I have noticed that 3/4" is harder to find. I may have to find a plastic shop online that sells poly carbonate tubes if I can't get them here in the future.

I wasn't ready for electronics when I made these before and think I am ready to give that a shot now. Back them I used COLORED cellophane in a clear tube to give the appearance of a colored blade for a child's costume. Sorry I should has specified that.

I was asked to make 2 for my niece and nephew for their next costumes, again without LEDs. After that I think I will step up and try to do one with electronics.

Under promise and over deliver! You could easily make it a stunt with light, or even sound with some of the predicted modules!