Thread: Slide kill switch help (high amp kill switch)

Default Slide kill switch help (high amp kill switch)

Hi everyone, I'm looking to install a kill switch into my saber, and I've watched the wiring video for kill keys on the TCSS youtube channel. But, I want to install this slide switch into my saber (https://www.thecustomsabershop.com/H...?ItemId=564521) and I'm not sure which pegs correspond to what, would anyone have any experience with these? If we're looking at this picture, which would be positive, negative, ect.? Thanks to anyone for their help!

No actual experience with that switch, but I'd imagine it's the same as any other slide switch, the slide corresponds to the pins that it bridges. Example, the above image the first pin and second pin would be in an open state, the second and third pin would be in the closed state. Toggle the switch to the other side and that reverses.

That makes sense, I'm looking more into slide switches so I can get more perspective since I don't want to fry my NB board. What I'm seeing is that peg 1 should be my positive, and pegs two and three should be my negatives, and wire those up like the kill-key style switches in the TCSS video.

Edit: Or is at simple as just interrupting the current to just one side (positive or negative) by having, say pin 1 and 2 wired to one side, and the third to nothing. so that bridging pin 1 and 2 turns it on, and bridging pin 2 and 3 cuts the power from the soundboard to the battery?
    Sorry, I'm new to this specific avenue of wiring, the most ive done is things with a pre-wired board. Thanks for the patience.
    Last edited by zaktp487; 02-07-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Blog Entries

You don’t connect negative and positive lines to this. You pick one and use the switch to open and close the circuit. Very basic example: battery negative > switch pin 1 : switch pin 2 > board negative. Or battery negative > switch pin 3 : switch pin 2 > board negative. If you were to connect negative and positive you’d have a pretty bad day. Page 23 of the newest cfx manual has a visual. I would also recommend investing in a multimeter if you are going to doing any work in electronics. In this case you just set it to continuity and you can test the pins.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks! Yeah I slept on it, and I realized that I was overthinking it! I appreciate the response.