Thread: Padawan Sabersmith

Default Padawan Sabersmith

Sorry, total n00b here testing the hobbies waters. Current budget does allow for a Maglite convert saber. But I do have some questions:

1.Will the TCSS conversion work on any C/D flashlight or just Maglite?
    2.Can I use the Pommel adapter be used as a blade holder adapter?
    3.Any Idea where I can get my hands on a Colored (green) LED? The ones mentioned in the forums I've researched but seem to no longer exist.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, all of the sabers here are phenomenal and truly inspiring.

I've never used the MagLite parts on the store but I may be able to give you an educated guess.

1. Most likely the part is machined to fit a MagLight only, any other flashlights might have different threading and OD than a MagLight C/D flashlight.
    2. Doesn't look like it, it looks like it's designed to only fit the back end of the MagLight where the batteries go
    3. This one I'm not too sure on. With the how much an actual saber costs these days there probably aren't that many manufacturers out there that are making colored LED's for this purpose. You could possibly get away with colored filters, but again I have no real experience in making a MagLight into a saber.

Thanks a lot. That's more information than I had. I kind of figured as much, although, I have seen some MagLite posts that mentioned "custom Fittings" so I wasn't positive.