Thread: MHS Nano Biscotte v4 Assembly vs Nano Biscotte v4 Sound Module? Huge size difference.

Default MHS Nano Biscotte v4 Assembly vs Nano Biscotte v4 Sound Module? Huge size difference.

I'm looking into sound card, but honestly just for color mixing and flicker effects. I'm not all that interested in sound or speakers. I'm also trying to keep my saber quite small.

I note two sizes of Nano Biscotte v4, which has me a bit confused. The MHS Nano Biscotte v4 Assembly (looks much bigger) vs Nano Biscotte v4 Sound Module (looks about half the size).

The item descriptions mention differences in setting up neopixel and pinout order. Is that really all? No advantage to the physically larger card?

I don't think there is, I think the assembly version is made specifically for that chassis to simplify install.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJollySmasher View Post
    I'm looking into sound card, but honestly just for color mixing and flicker effects. I'm not all that interested in sound or speakers. I'm also trying to keep my saber quite small.

I note two sizes of Nano Biscotte v4, which has me a bit confused. The MHS Nano Biscotte v4 Assembly (looks much bigger) vs Nano Biscotte v4 Sound Module (looks about half the size).

The item descriptions mention differences in setting up neopixel and pinout order. Is that really all? No advantage to the physically larger card?
    No, there isn’t. The larger card was specifically made for the v4 Assembly.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Oh, ok thanks. I did not realize that Assembly was the name of the chassis.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

It was made that size to fit the 18650 battery..
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop