Thread: Updating Soundboard Firmware?

Default Updating Soundboard Firmware?

Ok, so I apologize if this seems like a boneheaded question...but how do you update the firmware on a soundboard?

I ask because I have a recent thread discussing my CF9 having problems of erratic behavior, and in a linked thread it suggests a recent firmware update addresses this very issue. Awesome - I’ll just go look up the process for doing so.

I can’t find anywhere that actually addresses how updating the soundboard firmware is done. I looked in the Table of Contents of the CF9 manual, and saw no mention of it, or anything that was obviously related to it.

Ok, I’ll just search the forums: No mention of how it’s done...but several instances of people saying they’ve done it, or suggesting other people do it.

Maybe I’ll check the Plecter Labs website and see if there is anything obvious: Well, if there is, I’m not seeing it...

Is this a process that requires R.I.C.E.? I don’t have a RICE port, but I do have access to a Bluetooth chip I haven’t tried yet. Thus far I’ve only looked at the SD card by inserting it directly into my laptop. But - isn’t firmware located on the sound card itself (not the SD card)?

Again, I apologize for asking what maybe is a simple question....but I can’t find anything about how to actually update firmware...only instances of people taking about doing so.

Firmware updates are for the CFX. Someone may have mentioned it not realizing you had an older CFv9. Those you couldn’t update the firmware yourself.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

ugh...

Still no clue why my sound board is messed up, then. Nor any idea for a solution.

Thanks for the response, though...
    Last edited by thetang22; 02-01-2020 at 11:52 AM.

What is your issue with the board? There's plenty of people here that have experience with that board that may be able to help.

EDIT: Never mind, saw your other topic. Carry on.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.