Thread: Help resurrecting a saber

Default Help resurrecting a saber

Hey gang,
    I built my son a LED saber back in 2014. Was actually the third saber I'd made for him over the years. This one was special as it was a high school graduation gift. Has a Luxeon Tri-rebel star and a petit crouton v3.5 w/ charging port. He died recently and for his memorial I'd like to power the saber back up as a display of some of his favorite things. Unfortunately the wiring inside is broken and a mess. Its been too long since I played with this stuff so I don't know how to reconnect everything from memory. Searching the forums is taking a long time and the diagram that is on an old Petit Crouton sticky doesn't seem to want to load. Can anyone help me try to sort this out? (or have a copy of the old petit crouton wiring diagram?)
    Thanks

I don't have my old wiring diagram for my original PC build, but I did find the manual for the card on plectors site, this should help in redesigning the electronics.

http://www.plecterlabs.com/shop/arti...articles_id=31

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    I don't have my old wiring diagram for my original PC build, but I did find the manual for the card on plectors site, this should help in redesigning the electronics.

http://www.plecterlabs.com/shop/arti...articles_id=31
    That was extremely helpful. Thank you. However I think I have crossed a wire somewhere and could use a little more help. I thought I had it correct but when I plug in the charger the LED comes on white, (I think it was originally blue). The switch ring light is also on. (16mm anti-vandal momentary ring switch). The switch doesn't do anything though. When I unplug the power supply the LED goes off but he blue ring switch remains on. Clearly I have something crossed but before I go cutting and resoldering randomly, would like to see if anyone has an idea.
    Thanks

If it's a metal exterior recharge port, I would verify there are no other wire or solder joints touching the bare metal of the saber. Sounds like something is finding it's way to ground. Images could also help.

Thanks for the help. You guys got me thinking in the right place and I've got the saber restored to operation. I think it'll look good for the service and at least give people something to talk about. Much appreciated.

Cool. And my condolences, may the saber find it's way into the hands of someone who appreciates it's history.