Thread: Help With Recharge Port

Default Help With Recharge Port

I bought the guts to a really nice saber off of eBay. Everything has quick disconnects which I like. The only bad part is the recharge port is soldered to the main board which is inside the chassis. I managed to carefully remover the parts from the chassis along with the recharge port. The recharge port itself only has 2 points to solder while mine has 3. Is it possible to wire a 3 wire recharge port onto a 3 wire recharge port board? If so which ports would I use?
    Here are some pics of the board I hope helps.il_1140xN.2488486108_c2me.jpgff.jpgs-l1600f.jpg

unfortunatly no, the switchcraft style connector is designed to cut power to the electronics when the charging port in inserted, this looks like it is using a 2 prong barrel connector to input 5v USB power to the board, if you were to bridge the 2 negative prongs on the switchcraft port then wire in the positive you could hack it into working, but you would not be able to surface mount the connector to the PCB.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    unfortunatly no, the switchcraft style connector is designed to cut power to the electronics when the charging port in inserted, this looks like it is using a 2 prong barrel connector to input 5v USB power to the board, if you were to bridge the 2 negative prongs on the switchcraft port then wire in the positive you could hack it into working, but you would not be able to surface mount the connector to the PCB.
    Thank you for that. That has been my only issue with the actual saber. I fear one day I'll go to open it just to recharge it and I'm going to snap wires off.