Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pico Crumble not making sound

Question Pico Crumble not making sound

Hey all, first time poster here. I'm desperately looking for help with a Pico Crumble dark v2.5 that I just acquired. I wired everything up just to test everything and make sure i got all my connections right. It fired up just fine, and I had sound for a second, but then the sound stopped working almost completely (you can just barely hear it if you basically stick the speaker in your ear, but something is clearly wrong). At first I thought the speaker may have somehow gotten blown out, so I tried a few more speakers that were brand new, and they all had the same issue. I'm at a loss for where to go with this. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Not a whole lot that can go wrong with that board...do you hear the menu beeps? Definitely off that you think you can hear some very faint sound. What speaker are you using, and might also throw a picture of the wiring up so the experts can take a look.

Yeah, it's either the soldering for the pads or the driver amp for the speaker. Soldering should be fixable, the amp not so much. Which speaker did you use initially? And yes, as Scott said a clear picture of top and bottom of the board would help us diagnose.

Hey thanks for the reply!! I’m at work at the moment but I’ll take a good picture as soon as I get home. I’ll also try and take a video to demonstrate the faint sound I’m getting. To answer your question, I’m using the 3w 22mm speaker off TCSS, and also tried some 28mm premium speakers I got off amazon. All had the same exact result unfortunately

hmm.... Hopefully it's just a bad solder joint, but that assumes you used a quick disconnect for the speaker to the board to swap them around. If not, the speaker driver might be blown. Should know more once I can see the board.

Here's a couple pics of the board. Excuse my shoddy wire management, this was only a temporary setup to make sure everything was working. Gonna upload a video so you can hear what it sounds like on ignition

IMG_0391.jpgIMG_0394.jpg

Here's a video of the issue I'm having. Sorry for the poor film quality, just wanted to try and get the speaker close enough so that you could hear the tiny bit of sound that's coming out

Well, the joints look fine... I got a bad feeling here.... I looked in the PC manual.... Speaker output specs: - Audio output Power : 2W max / 8 or 4 ohm speaker.... not a full expert here but you may have overdriven the speaker output with that 3W speaker. Though I will say that is a guess on my part, I'm not sure it works that way with the audio driver.

Ah, yeah that would make sense. That would definitely be an oversight on my part. Damn...does that mean I'm kinda screwed?

Probably, but I would take this over to erv at the fx forums. If anyone can be sure it's the keeper of the buttered toast.