Thread: Boot Sound but No Activation

Default Boot Sound but No Activation

Im in the middle of my CFX install, and seem to have hit a snag. I've got everything wired up, but when I pull out the kill key, I get a boot sound and then nothing. when remove the kill key with the sd card out, I also get a red led lighting up on the board, but not with the sd card in. I don't see anything in the manual about an on board LED, so I'm a bit confused as to why it is there. I've checked all my connections, and made sure the SD card was formatted properly. Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved
    Last edited by AngelOmega; 01-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.

For reference sake of anyone having a similar issue, how did you solve it?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    For reference sake of anyone having a similar issue, how did you solve it?
    Read what he said carefully, he “remove(d) the kill key with the SD card out”. If he put the kill key back in, and then inserted the SD card, and voila, it probably worked just fine after that.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Actually it wasn’t as simple as that. My problem was that I had my switch ground running to the 3.3v accent pad instead of the ground pad (they are right next to each other). Even with the sd card in, when I pulled the kill key, It would boot, but I couldn’t get it to do anything else since the switches weren’t actually sending a signal.

Now it is just a matter of getting everything to fit securely inside the hilt, and my build will be complete!