Thread: Leather holster...and tips

Blog Entries

Default Leather holster...and tips

I made a water bottle holster for a recent trip to Galaxy’s Edge. I was either going to make a Han Solo style holster or a Wookiee bandolier holster.
    688E5B26-B874-4CF0-B9B7-F4D8A2491258.jpg
    0FDFCD14-3147-4C2C-8373-DFEFC9FFB89C.jpg
    F28B2280-A3FA-49DF-B738-8D0A44A10A26.jpg
    I don’t like copying canon styles. It is more fun for me if I create my own version. I cut out aluminum buckles. Each one has two layers. One with screw holes and one for the finished part. I used cobra style buckles, because I wanted a good ‘clock’ when I put on the belt. I had to cut off part to get it all to fit on the buckle. I also used thick leather. I punched the leather and hand stitched the holster. It was my first time hand stitching. The hardware attach inch the holster to the belt is a dragon fire clip used for racing seatbelts. The Chicago screws are for kydex (?) holsters. I like the flat black and the fact that the screw on and off. I adjusted this a lot before I got it right. If I’d used rivets, I would have wasted lots of leather.

If anyone is thinking about something like this, nite that the belt has to fit right on goth sides. That’s because the holster has to be on the thigh. Too much length on either side makes it saggy, too tight, or in the wrong place.

Now that I’m back from Galaxy’s Edge, it either going to convert this to a saber holster or a holster for a blaster. Probably, I’ll use it for a blaster. Now that I have some knowledge of leatherwork, I may make more...maybe a Mandalorian style bandolier or a Starkiller style lightsaber harness.

I saw lots of Disney sabers. They are very nice, but I’m not a fan of the finish. A weathered aluminum or brass finish is more my style.

Finally, there are tons of blasters, thermal detonators, and other cool trifecta throughout the park. I could spend all day looking around.
    Last edited by hapki; 01-21-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Default A Couple More Pics

Here is the back side of each buckle.
    C4B4C008-412A-4BDA-AE89-C0E31F2E7DA0.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hapki; 01-21-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Blog Entries

Note the hole at the bottom center of the six-sided buckle. When it was centered, the buckle was crooked. I moved it to th side so it would hang better.

This looks awesome! I've been thinking about getting something like this to carry my sabers. Great work!

My wife has the same water bottle. Finally, an excuse to make something like this she won't shake her head at. right? right?

Very cool holster, and a great idea! I might convert one of my old blaster holsters into a bottle holster now. brilliant!