Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please take over my project!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking Please take over my project!

Hello, I started a hilt some years ago, some of the work was beyond my ability. And my sabre has just sat dormant. I need someone willing to take over my project! I planned on making an EL wrapping on the grip. Someone please help!

EL hasn’t been used in ages. What does the hilt looks like and what are the electronics?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I just took a ton of photos, but the uploader is having some issues for me. And photo bucket is down

Wow, a PC v1.5 That was a while ago. I think I see where you were going with it, having EL wire go where the yellow bands are along the hilt?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Wow, a PC v1.5 That was a while ago. I think I see where you were going with it, having EL wire go where the yellow bands are along the hilt?
    Yes sir, almost as old as a protosaber! The yellow bands are the EL wire threaded through kind of like a shoelace. The other bands that aren't yellow, I was going to put on black o rings. The LED for the blade is Amber. The EL wire needed a 3-volt driver which I can't find at the moment and couldn't figure out how to power it off of that little board. My soldering iron was very crude, The wire I had was solid and not very flexible, Long story short it's been on the shelf for years. This was my second sabre.

Interesting...I actually thought about doing this exact same thing within the last year...exactly how you have it drilled and wrapped...

I don't know much about the board you are using, but what issue are you running into?

Awesome! I've never brought this to the forum before because I wanted to be the first to do it... Fast forward about 10 years... yeah lol still not done

Can't even find the old manual for the V1.5, though if I were to hazard a guess you would need to power the driver from a PEX that is hooked into one of the two accent LED pads or the 3.3v pad I see near that massive cap.
    Edit:
    Luckily Erv has a standard design style for his boards, I can actually figure out how to wire it just by looking it over.
    Last edited by RavenXp; 01-16-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Can't even find the old manual for the V1.5, though if I were to hazard a guess you would need to power the driver from a PEX that is hooked into one of the two accent LED pads or the 3.3v pad I see near that massive cap.
    Edit:
    Luckily Erv has a standard design style for his boards, I can actually figure out how to wire it just by looking it over.
    Fortunately, some of us have access to fairly substantial archives. The only real issue here is the EL converter, I haven’t seen any in many years. I would also need the specs of the EL wire you used. The EL wire part of this plan *might* have to get scrapped.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com