Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video: Wiring a CFX

Default Video: Wiring a CFX

https://youtu.be/ZSSf5i0CbT4

I also cover some of the basic necessities required to wire up a CFX (or any sound card, really).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Great video, and super timely as I am about to embark on my first saber project. Thank you!!

Thank you so much. I needed something like this really, really badly. The CFX manual is fine, but it's always good to have a video to follow.

FJK,

Thanks so much for putting a comprehensive, yet concise and digestible video together. I've watched Madcow's older videos for the NB4, and how to build a graflex series, but seeing a video contemporary with the newer tech is very helpful.

thanks for this.
    building an MHS CFX neopixel and while im decent with a soldering iron, i am nervous! been working on this saber for over TEN YEARS!!!

this video will come in very handy. thank you!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)

yes an outstanding vid.

I stepped away from this hobby for a few years. CF 5 (or maybe 6) running LED Engin or custom Tri Cree's was the 'hotness' then. A lot has happened since then. Thank you for the helpful video FJK. The SMD resistors & LED bar graph were explained in the manual, but it was nice to actually see it work.

Quote Originally Posted by shef View Post
    I stepped away from this hobby for a few years. CF 5 (or maybe 6) running LED Engin or custom Tri Cree's was the 'hotness' then. A lot has happened since then. Thank you for the helpful video FJK. The SMD resistors & LED bar graph were explained in the manual, but it was nice to actually see it work.
    Well, well, look who’s back.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Well, well, look who’s back.
    I have to say 'erv's newest iteration of CF is beyond brilliant. It seems the market has expanded, and driven a lot of new innovation. This new smaller footprint, dual sided accent pads, expanded font capabilities, and amazing versatility in LED options is just astounding. Thanks to your video, I'm ready to dust of my soldering station again.

Quote Originally Posted by shef View Post
    I have to say 'erv's newest iteration of CF is beyond brilliant. It seems the market has expanded, and driven a lot of new innovation. This new smaller footprint, dual sided accent pads, expanded font capabilities, and amazing versatility in LED options is just astounding. Thanks to your video, I'm ready to dust of my soldering station again.
    The bar is still open. There’s even some fresh fish.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines