Thread: My Saber is POSSESED!!

Default My Saber is POSSESED!!

Sometimes when I turn on my saber and switch sound fonts the blade will go crazy on ignition. It will play the swing and clash sounds the blade will flash and just go nuts till I turn it off. I will change fonts then go back to that font(and it does this with random fonts)and it will work fine. I have a CFX PlectorPixel blade and good batteries. Anny thoughts would be helpful.....it's livable but just weird!!

What board is it? I think the quickest and easiest troubleshooting steps you could do is first check the settings on the SD card and /or try reformat the SD card. You can download the original settings for each board on the Plecter Labs website. If that does work you may have an electrical issue...

Oh also make sure your battery is fully charged...I noticed with my two NBIV builds they go crazy when the battery is going dead.

Hey! I'm having the exact same problem with a saber I built in December.
    I've reformatted the sd card, messed with the config and even tried re-soldering all of the connections on the off-chance I screwed something up.
    I posted about it in the Crystal Focus troubleshooting thread, but there have been no responses so far.

I too am having this issue. my connections are good, and the sd card has been formatted. About 1 to 2 seconds after power on I get a bunch of clash and swing sounds all at the same time. Happens every time and with all sound fonts.

As a first step I would make sure you have the board up to date on the latest firmware. There were some fixes in 10.003C that address this issue. Current beta build is 10.004 I believe.

Ok, so I've stopped having this issue, and now I'm not getting swings at all. Everything else works just fine, clashes, blasterbolts, lockup. Just no swings, smoothswing or otherwise.

EDIT: And now the LEDS have stopped working
    Last edited by AngelOmega; 01-24-2020 at 11:55 PM.

I have a similar issue. Mine was going wild and then it now has no swings whatsoever. Does anyone have a fix for it?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOmega View Post
    Ok, so I've stopped having this issue, and now I'm not getting swings at all. Everything else works just fine, clashes, blasterbolts, lockup. Just no swings, smoothswing or otherwise.

EDIT: And now the LEDS have stopped working
    Sounds like a dead battery to me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

If your battery is charged, how close is your card to the speaker? I had to be sure mine was more than 1/4" or so away or it did that.