Thread: Help with Neopixel blade.. not working properly

Default Help with Neopixel blade.. not working properly

I bought some LED strips from amazon because TCSS was out of inventory. Here are the details
    Sk6812 RGNNW
    PCB IP30

It lights up but all colors light up. This doesn’t change when using R.I.C.E. Also it’s 144 pixels. It only lights up 3/4 of the way. I can get it all to light up through RICE by increasing pixels to 166.

Any ideas where to start?

I’ve tried:
    Using 2 new led strips thinking there might be a bad led. Same issue
    I’ve checked to make sure it wasn’t a grounding issue. It’s good.
    I’ve used a different blade with neopixels from TCSS. It works fine.

Which board?

Hm, and you said a different strip was working correctly. Are you sure the strip showing the behavior is wired in the blade correctly? You have the resistor in there for the data line? Timings in the config file for led strips set correctly? I remember reading in the manual the SK6812 has faster timings. I'll look around to see if I can find anything else to look at, and let me know if you find the solution, was planning on getting those strips myself for my next build.

Edit: Also worth making sure the boards firmware is up to date.

The led strips that worked were from TCSS. I’ve checked the wiring in the blade and it’s correct with resistor.

My thought is that it is the timing too and I’ve been playing with it. No luck. I’ve been searching the internet for timing specs.

Might need to make a post where Erv can find it, he'd probably know.

Problem solved. Changed the color space from 3 to 4. Solved all issues.