Thread: Question about LED resistor wiring

Question Question about LED resistor wiring

Hey everyone! I planned a saber here a while ago, but never built it. However I've been in a star wars mood lately, and think I might finally put a saber together, however I have a question about wiring the main emitter LEDs. I am looking to use the Crystal Focus v10 with and 3.7 V battery (Panasonic 18650) and the Red/Green/Royal Blue Cree XP-E2 CopperNova HB LED board. These HB LEDs have datasheet forward voltages of 2.65 V, 3.4 V and 3.7 V (all at 1 A). This would make for some very low ohm LED resistors (0-ish ohms to 1.05 ohm). Is this OK, or do you think that just using the board's LED drive adjustment instead (p 31 of the manual) would be better, or would a different HB LED source be better? (I do plan to use a bench power supply to determine more precise forward voltages). Any insight on how others have approached with would be greatly appreciated!

Use Resistors!!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com