Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stormguard - an MHS saber.

That’s an awesome looking saber. I actually am working on my first build, and I’m trying to mimic a lot of the design elements Rob used for Tool of Justice as well! I looked at a lot of sabers before I saw his and fell in love with the simplicity! Out of curiosity, did you get your chassis completely custom designed, or did you use a modular system to build it?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiopeace View Post
    That’s an awesome looking saber. I actually am working on my first build, and I’m trying to mimic a lot of the design elements Rob used for Tool of Justice as well! I looked at a lot of sabers before I saw his and fell in love with the simplicity! Out of curiosity, did you get your chassis completely custom designed, or did you use a modular system to build it?
    Thanks! The chassis is by a designer on Shapeways. His designs are listed under ShtokCustomWorks or something like that. I don't want to put a link in the forums here since this is part of a store.

Totally understand, I actually reached out to him already and was told at this time he's only supplying what is in his store.

Great work. I like the use of the trim ring in there.

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    Great work. I like the use of the trim ring in there.
    Thanks! Yeah, I liked that the trim ring brought the neck back up to the diameter of the thick piece lower on the hilt. It seemed to help blend the shroud in a little, as well.

Blog Entries

Very nice. I like that shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by hapki View Post
    Very nice. I like that shroud.
    Thanks Hapki!

Awesome build! I also got the "SPST Momentary tactile switch" for my build, not quite sure how to wire them up yet. Were they difficult at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Scraftypants View Post
    Awesome build! I also got the "SPST Momentary tactile switch" for my build, not quite sure how to wire them up yet. Were they difficult at all?
    Nope they're easy. There's four points pins on the bottom, and you only need two. Just make sure you use two that aren't connected when the switch is open. The pins you use should only be connected when the switch is pressed. The other pins can be snipped off, just make sure you have the right ones first.