Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stormguard - an MHS saber.

Default Stormguard - an MHS saber.

I've had this done for a little while, and I'm just now getting around to posting it. I've always loved Rob's Tool of Justice saber, and you're going to see some similarities that I put into this saber.

The lathe work and powder coating were done by TCSS. Great work, as usual. The powder coat colors are Copper Vein and Smoke Chrome.

The chassis was designed by ShtokCustomWorx and printed by Shapeways.

Custom bag by defcon4.

The rest of the work was done by me.

Features:

- CFv9 with CEx.
    - 7.4v 18650 battery pack wired to a 2.1mm recharge port.
    - Quad Cree RGrBrB in-hilt LED.
    - Amber 0402 SMD LEDs soldered directly to the CF.
    - BT909 Bluetooth Module for changing settings wirelessly.

I hope you like it!

Oh wow nice work! Very nice clean design. Gotta say I love the choice of amber for the accent LEDs. and neat light bleed from the shroud.

gotta ask though out of curiosity, I see (i think i see anyway lol) where you're recharge port is in your chassis.. what else is on that outside detail with the lens for the amber lights? looks like another port or is it just something to fill that hole on that cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitjensen View Post
    Oh wow nice work! Very nice clean design. Gotta say I love the choice of amber for the accent LEDs. and neat light bleed from the shroud.

gotta ask though out of curiosity, I see (i think i see anyway lol) where you're recharge port is in your chassis.. what else is on that outside detail with the lens for the amber lights? looks like another port or is it just something to fill that hole on that cover?

Thanks! The recharge port is down by the pommel. There's a small black kill key in it that was printed so I can rotate it to disable the saber. Unfortunately, it's inaccessible unless the lower sleeve of the hilt is removed. That's probably my biggest regret with this saber. The chassis doesn't hold it in the center, so it would have been a real trick to try to line things up with a hole so I could charge it without removing the sleeve.

And that's just an activation box that I modified to fit the lens. I just wanted a clean looking way to hold the lens there. The other side of the box has one of the RICE ports from the shop, but it's not connected to anything... just there for looks. I actually had to tear apart the port, so it's really just the metal part screwed in there.

Very clean. WOW. I do like the light bleed from the shroud. And the chassis looks great. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by bramik View Post
    Very clean. WOW. I do like the light bleed from the shroud. And the chassis looks great. Nice work.

Thanks for your kind words, friend!

That’s a beauty. Nice work cvsickle.

Greenie

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    That’s a beauty. Nice work cvsickle.

Greenie

Thanks Greenie!

Nice. I like the design =]
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Quote Originally Posted by ZrenTobas87 View Post
    Nice. I like the design =]

Thanks! I can't take too much credit for the design, but I like it too

nice build! It almost looks to me like the shroud flares out on the sides. Is that the case, or just the way it is lit?