Thread: First Build Ever, and using neopixel

Default First Build Ever, and using neopixel

Hey everyone, I know this may not be the brightest idea, but I'm going to be starting my first build as soon as I receive my hilt, but I want it to be a neopixel blade. The problem is, I cant find any posts or videos that talk about both the wiring of a NBv4 and a neopixel blade. All I need is a list of parts and a comprehensive diagram or walkthrough to do the writing for these all together for a beginner who knows nothing but wants to become knowledgeable. Nothing special, nothing fancy, I'm not doing a recharge port or a crystal chamber. I just want to set up a NBv4 with a neopixel configuration. I've never built one before or wired/soldered before, but for my first custom saber, I wanted it to be a true labor of love and something that I have to work for. I'm sure you all know the feeling I'm going for. Thank you all in advance.

These things are both very well discussed and available in the manual.

I second JBKuma...the Plecter manuals are super comprehensive and include the wiring diagrams you will need for a simple build. There is also a great video on the TCSS YouTube channel where rob walks through an entire neo build. I would also suggest that you scout the community for lists of tools and helpful equipment you will need. I have found that the two most important aspects to a successful build are the right tools and careful upfront planning. Otherwise you will end up with a mess to fit into the hilt when you are done....also test every step of the way!

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    I second JBKuma...the Plecter manuals are super comprehensive and include the wiring diagrams you will need for a simple build. There is also a great video on the TCSS YouTube channel where rob walks through an entire neo build. I would also suggest that you scout the community for lists of tools and helpful equipment you will need. I have found that the two most important aspects to a successful build are the right tools and careful upfront planning. Otherwise you will end up with a mess to fit into the hilt when you are done....also test every step of the way!
    I've seen his youtube videos for putting the blades together, but I didn't see anything on wiring the blade to the board, and I'm trying to be cautious and smart about buying the internals to the saber. Because it's coming empty. So I need to know what speakers would be best, resistors, wire(I'm assuming I'll need to buy extra), switches the whole shebang. That's what I'm driving at. And maybe im just missing this stuff, I try hard but im a terrible researcher when it comes to things I'm not at least somewhat familiar with.

Wiring to the board is laid out in the manual. There is a resistor calculator on the TCSS store, but you should learn the basics of ohms law to avoid damaging your components. Read the entire NB manual on the Plecter site and if you have questions that aren’t covered, the community is very useful. Your post reads more like a “tell me what to do” which usually doesn’t motivate members to lend a hand. Best of luck.

I didn't want someone to just tell me what to do, I just didn't know where to begin. I didn't know the boards came with detailed manuals because I haven't bought one yet and didn't realize at the time it was also on their website. I appreciate the help you have offered. I'll spend more time googling and see what I can turn up.

Blog Entries

Manuals are also available on their respective product pages in the store. I would suggest considering a CFX over the NB. For a few dollars more you’ll get a ton more options/features/etc. and a lot of ability to expand in the future. Plus the firmware is constantly being updated with more goodies.

Good luck!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Manuals are also available on their respective product pages in the store. I would suggest considering a CFX over the NB. For a few dollars more you値l get a ton more options/features/etc. and a lot of ability to expand in the future. Plus the firmware is constantly being updated with more goodies.

Good luck!
    Awesome! Thank you!