Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CFX Blade profiles

Default CFX Blade profiles

Maybe a stupid question but the info on the CFX says it has 16 color profiles and 16 blade profiles. Are the blade profiles on the card already or do we have to create them 1 by 1?

They should be there in the default package.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I can get into the spectrum setting that says blade profiles but when I twist the saber nothing happens? Can you tell me where on the card they woulld be so I can check to make sure they are there?

Try waving the saber up and down when you’re in spectrum mode. I believe the default is set that way.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Tried that. Nothing Happens.

I've looked everywhere on the card and there are no profiles saved anywhere. Is there a file I can download that has the profiles on it?

There is only one profile out of the box (I believe.) reading other posts by Erv, he is working on a library of profiles. If you are so inclined, you can download his RICE SW from his site, and it has. Ore presets (lots more on the latest beta.)

If you don’t want to go that route, just copy the profile section of the config and change the attributes. Way easier to experiment using RICE in real time. You can also google crystal focus profiles and find some of the ones created by the pros who use Plecter boards. I am messing around with a bunch that aren’t quite ready, but happy to share when they are...really got into it with a Kylo that is currently on my bench.

I tried using rice but screwed something up and had to redo the whole card. The blade went all white and I couldn't change it back. I am really just looking for a Kylo Blade profile. Don't have the trident just a single blade. If you have a Kylo profile you are willing to share that would be awesome. I googled and could not find any profiles out there.

I am wrapping up my crossguard build this week and will share what I land on. Basically using Erv’s stock unstable and making a few adjustments that look good with my setup. Settings for the blade profile won’t matter if you have the quillions or not.

Default profiles

Quote Originally Posted by Goshivan View Post
    I tried using rice but screwed something up and had to redo the whole card. The blade went all white and I couldn't change it back. I am really just looking for a Kylo Blade profile. Don't have the trident just a single blade. If you have a Kylo profile you are willing to share that would be awesome. I googled and could not find any profiles out there.
    Modified from the base Unstable/Heat available for anyone in the Plecter CFX RICE module (The latest beta, for the FW that came out a week ago rocks and allows you to modify most of the blade attributes with toggles/sliders in real time.) This is for the crossguard I am currently building...it is more subtle than some others that I have tried.

[profile=0]
    wakeup=1
    randc=0
    blastp=0
    random=2
    pom=0
    pof=0
    poi=0
    magic=0
    saberlock=0
    blastm=0
    randb=2