Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2020 TCSS Saber Building Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Onli-Won Kanomi View Post
    If I remember correctly when these contests started there was discussion on JSSDC and elsewhere incl I'm sure the "staff" here that having the contest be "blind" as to makers would encourage people to vote for the sabers themselves not on the 'popularity' of (or to curry favour with) sabersmiths.

It also allowed even "noobs" to compete fairly with "big name" sabersmiths (yes some of them participated) if no one knew who made which saber until the results.
    Exactly, which is why I (and Lord Maul before me) run them the way we did. I had disqualified someone in both this contest and the last one for posting their saber as a WIP. It’s being discussed as we speak, and we’ll go from there once a decision has been made.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

The 2020 TCSS Saber Building Contest is now officially OVER!

While there was an issue during the voting, by the will of the Force, it did not have an impact on the winners (meaning I didn’t have to disqualify the offender).

I have posted the winners in the two categories, and I will be in touch over the next few days with the winners about how to collect your prizes. I do have to let Tim know first, and go through the logistics. Congratulations again to all of the winners!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Congrats to the winners!

Which one of you guys won the custom category? I really want to pick your brain on your photography setup! Stellar photos on that one.

- Steve

Thank you for running the contest.

Hey @ dannv. IIRC you got a saber in the competition, right? Which one was yours? I entered “Echo” in the custom satagory.

- Steve

Quote Originally Posted by null View Post
    Hey @ dannv. IIRC you got a saber in the competition, right? Which one was yours? I entered “Echo” in the custom satagory.

- Steve
    I loved Echo!! I voted for you I also had one in the MHS division, mine was the unnamed saber at the end

Hey Light Bringer. Ha ha ha; It was apparently a mutual feeling as I voted for yours! What really sold me was you crystal chamber. Nice stuff man!

- Steve
    Last edited by null; 08-26-2020 at 09:22 AM.

- Steve
    I hate to break it to you, but he was the one who beat you in the custom category.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

- Steve
    As mentioned, mine is One with the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Light Bringer View Post
    I loved Echo!! I voted for you I also had one in the MHS division, mine was the unnamed saber at the end
    I really liked yours.