Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2020 TCSS Saber Building Contest

Ah well, sadly I've been waiting on parts to arrive for a couple of months

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone submitted!

Any idea when we'll get to see the entries? I'm looking forward to seeing what people came up with.

I hope to have everything finished by this weekend. Not having power for a couple of days set things back a bit.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    I hope to have everything finished by this weekend. Not having power for a couple of days set things back a bit.
    FJK stay safe and hopefully everything is ok.. We waited this long, a few more days wont kill us...
    Jedi Atu'karek
    Remember: Han shot first.

I'm curious as to how many entries were submitted? Can't wait to show my saber friends what I conjured up. Waiting for the contest to be concluded so I can show it off online too.
    Thankx TCSS for the opportunity to show case our efforts!

You can easily count the entities. You can show it off once the winners are announced. I posted the polling length in the voting threads.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

This is awesome folks! For what its worth I had a pretty tough time deciding on my vote for each. Kudos to ALL the participants!

- Steve

I have to say, I’m SEVERELY disappointed that I just found a contestant actively asking people to come here and vote for their saber in the contest. I’ll have to have a discussion about what will happen next.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 08-13-2020 at 05:34 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Asking for votes. Wow. I have people who want to see what I built and I told them they have to wait.

If I remember correctly when these contests started there was discussion on JSSDC and elsewhere incl I'm sure the "staff" here that having the contest be "blind" as to makers would encourage people to vote for the sabers themselves not on the 'popularity' of (or to curry favour with) sabersmiths.

It also allowed even "noobs" to compete fairly with "big name" sabersmiths (yes some of them participated) if no one knew who made which saber until the results.