New member here from Michigan, USA (I only mention for our international friends).

Longtime SW fan, so naturally ... lightsabers intrigue me. I recently bought two Graflex replica's from TGS, one for myself and the other for my brother. I picked up some conversion kits from Wannawanga.com and have been researching the bits and whatnot to adding in an electronic component.

For my own, and my first build, I'm modding the all popular Bladebuilders model lightsabers... (tried the Disney Store saber first, a bit more complex and different pinouts than expected). I picked one up just this week and gutted it already. I have my new Luxeon LED, heatsinks, TIP42c and all the other parts on their way. I come from the high-power flashlight modding and building groups, and my dad was a long-time electrician, professionally (Motorola field tech) and as a hobbyist. He's built some amazing things. So schematics, circuits, soldering and such are something I grew up with.

Here's to hoping my first custom saber build goes well. Not looking to make it into a dueling saber, but just a static prop with lights and sound.