Thread: Wiring tangle help?

Default Wiring tangle help?

Hey everyone, I just did my first custom saber build (A Slothfurnace Derelict replica with a NBV4) and it works great and everything, but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to deal with the tangle of wires in the hilt? My wires get all twisted and bundled up when I screw the hilt together, and I just wanted to see if anyone had an idea on how to avoid that and have a bit more organization, and less chance of them breaking!
    Do I need to get a chassis system besides the batter and speaker holder I have? Is there a good way to tie the wires in a bundle? Anything else? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks!

Blog Entries

Braid or twist several wires together to avoid the spaghetti. As for the chassis, need to see what you're currently working with.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

E4829B49-4534-4E8B-9CDD-EE247785F429.jpgF6C98156-D5C9-40D5-A683-B64976EC5628.jpg

Sorry if this is crude looking, I知 fairly new to this. I have my lower half of the hilt with batter, pre wired sound board, speaker, etc. this is sitting in a battery holder that I cut down since it wouldn稚 fit into the top Grenade section below the switch. And the top half of course has my LED and switch.
    My issue is that mostly the speaker wire seems to tangle badly. I致e considered shortening it. But the biggest issue that those wires just twist and twist when I assemble the saber. Sorry again if any of these electronics look like sacrilege, this is a very cramped hilt and it痴 sorta my first time dealing with stuff that is assembled myself and not plug and play from other companies

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Braid or twist several wires together to avoid the spaghetti. As for the chassis, need to see what you're currently working with.
    Thanks for the response by the way!

Blog Entries

wheres the chassis?
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Hey! Actually, I was able to get a solution to the twisting! Thanks though! My MHS battery/speaker holder was catching on the inside of my hilt because of the crew i used to keep the cover tech on. I flipped my lower grip section and got rid of the cover tech and i'm able to assemble the whole thing without twisting! I did try and braid them like you said though. I really appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by zaktp487 View Post
    Hey! Actually, I was able to get a solution to the twisting! Thanks though! My MHS battery/speaker holder was catching on the inside of my hilt because of the crew i used to keep the cover tech on. I flipped my lower grip section and got rid of the cover tech and i'm able to assemble the whole thing without twisting! I did try and braid them like you said though. I really appreciate the advice!
    YOu can dremel down the covertec retention screw inside the hilt so that its flush inside the hilt and doesn't catch your speaker holder.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."