I'm not sure if this has been covered already but after looking through the tutorial (I'm a veteran at EL just to clarify) I noticed that there was some referance to installing a resistor between the inverter and the female connector.... I believe this was suppose to prevent "blowing out the inverter or something like that. Well this is not the case, resisting anytime after the voltage has already passed through the inverter will do nothing to the inverter, it may reduce the brightness of the blade however. Now if we were operating under the assumption that the inverter with out the blade in was working very hard and not doing anything causing it to hurt it's self, this is not true either as the inverter is "louder" or working harder when the blade is in. I've been working with EL for a few years now and this is the first I've heard of it, as well to my knowlege Lightech (I don't have one of their sabre's but I started years ago with one of their kits) doesn't resist their sabre's after the inverter either. Not that lightech is gospel or anything like that, and I don't know how everyone views them, but I'm not giving an opinion, just saying that if they have been in the business as long as they have you'd think they would be doing that if it made a differance. I am not slaming anyone, just trying to save people time, money and conveiance.
-Master Rod-Wan Déattrod