Thread: YDD ("Tiny Giant" style) speaker blown what should i replace it with?

Default YDD ("Tiny Giant" style) speaker blown what should i replace it with?

i have an Amazon "tiny giant" or YDD style saber for my daughter for christmas and the speaker is blown.

This is a version with RGB color (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I have ordered the 3 Watt 4 Ohm 22 mm speaker from TCSS to replace the blown 2 Watt 8 Ohm one in the blade. my question is... what could possibly go wrong? any insight is most welcome.

side question: Has anyone taken a YDD saber and upgraded the guts? if so what did you do? thank you Saber Community. i am excited to start building my own saber but gotta take care of the kids first am i right!

Blog Entries

Did it come with a manual or specs that could tell you what speaker can be used? Or, does the old speaker have rating markings on it?

I know absolutely nothing about those sabers.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Did it come with a manual or specs that could tell you what speaker can be used? Or, does the old speaker have rating markings on it?

I know absolutely nothing about those sabers.
    no info at all. a pretty low-end saber to be knocking on this forums door with so thanks for the reply. the original speaker is an 8 Ohm 2 Watt 22mm. i believe that the guts are Yanqing lightsaber soundboard PCB.

Blog Entries

Sorry you mentioned the specs In the first post. The new speaker you ordered has a higher power rating so you are ok there. It has a lower resistance which means more current will flow through producing potentially louder sound. But it also means more strain on the amp which could be bad if the amp can handle it.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Sorry you mentioned the specs In the first post. The new speaker you ordered has a higher power rating so you are ok there. It has a lower resistance which means more current will flow through producing potentially louder sound. But it also means more strain on the amp which could be bad if the amp can handle it.
    Copy that. Thank you. Let’s see what happens.